Vitocharge VX3 electricity storage system – the core element Smart energy systems for heat and e-mobility
Collecting self-generated solar power during the day and using it in the evening and night hours to save costs in your own home or to charge your e-vehicle - the Vitocharge VX3 power storage system enables the greatest possible independence from external power suppliers and can be cascaded in the future for up to 45 kilowatt hours of storage capacity.
July 06, 2023 – Smart energy systems consisting of photovoltaics, heat pumps and wallboxes are the future. The new generation Vitocharge VX3 electricity storage system is its core element. It provides homeowners the opportunity to easily store and efficiently use self-generated electricity and thus become more independent of the public power supply and rising energy costs.
Modular electricity storage systems in the future cascadable up to 45 kWh
Vitocharge VX3 has a modular design and can therefore be easily adapted to the different requirements in single- and two-family homes. In the future, it will also be possible to cascade the electricity storage system with up to three Vitocharge VX3. Since each storage unit can accommodate up to three battery units of 5 kWh storage capacity each, a total of up to 45 kWh total capacity can then be provided. The compact storage units can either be placed on the floor or attached to a wall to save space. The standardized EEBUS communication interface allows variable and intelligent integration into various energy systems to enable a further increase in energy efficiency.
For PV systems up to 12 kilowatts
With up to three battery units of 5 kWh storage capacity each, the electricity storage system provides a maximum of 15 kWh. The proven and safe lithium iron phosphate batteries are designed for a long life span. That is why Viessmann gives a 10-year value replacement guarantee on the battery cells.
The inverter comes in three performance classes, both 1-phase and 3-phase, to optimally adapt Vitocharge VX3 to photovoltaic systems up to 12 kWp. In combination installations, this eliminates the need for a separate photovoltaic inverter.
One product for all applications
The Vitocharge VX3 power storage system is a product for almost all applications. It can be deployed as a hybrid power storage system with an integrated photovoltaic inverter, as an AC coupled electricity storage system for retrofitting an existing photovoltaic system, or as a pure photovoltaic inverter in for future battery retrofitting.
Easy integration into Viessmann’s energy systems
The Viessmann One Base electronics platform integrated in the Vitocharge VX3 makes it especially easy to combine the electricity storage system with other products and systems from Viessmann’s Integrated Solution Offering. Similar to an interconnected ecosystem in nature, Viessmann One Base seamlessly connects the system components with the ViCare app and the ViGuide service tool. This also makes it easy to expand the energy system at a later date, for example by adding a home ventilation system or a wallbox for charging an electric vehicle.
Optimized system operation with Viessmann Energy Management
The innovative Viessmann energy management system ensures maximum use of self-generated solar power with the Vitocharge VX3 power storage system. It optimizes the interaction between the photovoltaic system and electricity storage system with other system components such as the heat pump and the wallbox for the electric vehicle. The weather-based battery charging management system ensures optimum control of the PV yield so as to achieve high levels of self-consumption. Flexible devices in the house that require power (e.g. the heat pump or wallbox) can be switched on or off. Energy Management is integrated into the ViCare app on the users’ smartphones or tablets and displays energy flows in the building in real-time. This gives users access to an intuitive and convenient energy cockpit at no cost.
Benefits for trade partners
- 3 in 1: photovoltaic, battery and hybrid storage in one device
- Easy installation due to manageable weight
- Flexible installation site – wall-mounted or floorstanding
- Guided commissioning and service via Vitoguide
- EEBus for variable integration into energy systems
- Easy connection of different products to a complete system with Viessmann One Base
Benefits for users
- Flat, outstanding design with a depth of only 25 cm
- Safe and durable lithium-iron-phosphate cells
- Intelligent software keeps storage capacity high and ensures high PV yields
- 10-year replacement value warranty on the battery cells
- Attractively-priced back-up power function in the event of a power outage (optional)
- Energy management with the ViCare App or the Viessmann GridBox
- Vitocharge VX3 and ViShare1 deliver green energy in a worry-free package
- Holistic view and control of the system with Viessmann One Base
- Usable storage capacity: 5/10/15 kWh
- Dimensions of battery unit (width x height x depth): 600 x 500 x 250 mm
- AC performance classes:
- 4.6 kVA (single-phase), max. 7 kWp
- 6.0 kVA (three-phase) max. 9 kWp
- 8.0 kVA (three-phase) max. 12 kWp
- Dimensions of inverter unit (width x height x depth): 600 x 500 x 250 mm
- Interface: EEBUS
1 The operator and contractual partner in the ViShare Energy Community is Energy Market Solutions GmbH.