Legnica/Allendorf (Eder) – The Viessmann Group, one of the world's leading suppliers of sustainable climate (heating, cooling, water and air quality) and renewable energy solutions, is building a new production site in Legnica, Poland, for its largest business area, Climate Solutions.
As the family-owned company announced in the spring, it is planning a historic record investment of 1 billion euros in the expansion of heat pumps and green climate solutions over the next three years. The investment of over 200 million euros in the new site in Poland is a key component of the company's green climate solutions offensive and complements its existing heat pump sites.
With maximum efficient technology, Viessmann's new site accelerates the ramp-up of heat pumps as a key element of a broad green and, above all, sustainable solution portfolio for maximum climate protection. In addition to heat pumps, Viessmann is also consistently driving forward the expansion of electricity storage, solar thermal and district heating capacities, among other things. For example, further investments in additional European locations are already planned, including Germany. With its climate solution offensive and the new site in Legnica, the family-owned company is making a significant contribution to strengthening Europe's geopolitical energy independence.
With highly efficient heat pumps based on natural refrigerants, the new building, covering approximately 50000 square meters, will play a key role in the fight against climate change and dependence on fossil fuels at a time when the 105-year-old company is laying the foundations for its own future and, more importantly, for future generations. The building, as well as the technologies that will be used, will set new standards in automation and sustainability and put the needs of people first. Construction is scheduled to be completed in 2023. The new site will employ 1700 people in the future.
When it comes to creating living spaces for future generations, Poland with almost 2000 employees plays a key role for Viessmann. The largest division of the company, Viessmann Climate Solutions, already employs 1500 people in Poland. A further 150 jobs will be added in 2023 when the second business unit, Viessmann Refrigeration Solutions, opens its planned site. Through portfolio companies such as Kospel or ETX, the large, global Viessmann family is also driving its broad green solutions portfolio in the areas of electricity-based heating solutions and district heating from Poland.
In his speech, Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki highlighted the close and fruitful partnership between Viessmann, Poland and especially the Legnica region:
- Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki: "Unlike some other companies that only make short-term investments, the family-owned Viessmann company shows how closely it has been connected with Poland for decades. This bond is clearly demonstrated by the new investment in Legnica."
- Max Viessmann, CEO Viessmann Group: "For more than 105 years, Viessmann has stood for positive change with a clear focus on energy efficiency and the development of new technologies. Today, a site is being built here in Legnica that will help us to further breathe life into our Purpose 'We create living spaces for generations to come.' In this way, it pays quite consistently for the future of our 105-year-old family business."
- Thomas Heim, CEO Viessmann Climate Solutions: "On the way to becoming the leading European supplier of 100% renewable climate solutions, the development of the site in Legnica plays a central role. Through our historic investment, we will achieve a significant expansion of our production capacities, accelerate research and development, and drive forward the expansion of green air conditioning solutions with a focus on heat pumps
- Markus Klausner, CTO Viessmann Climate Solutions: "With a new state-of-the-art site, we will provide our trade partners with sustainable and efficient solutions that enable them to reduce consumers energy consumption and redefine their environmental footprint. The investment underlines our ambition to offer inspiring premium climate solutions and thus contribute to the preservation of our planet."
- Tomasz Tomczak, Chairman of the Board Viessmann Technika Grzewcza Sp. z o.o.: "The planned investment in Legnica is a milestone in the further development of the site. It offers us the opportunity to create additional jobs as well as to further develop the local markets and the close and trusting partnership with our partners."
- Josef Nueschen, Vice President Manufacturing & Managing Director Legnica: "For me, it is not only an exciting challenge, but also a great honor to help plan and drive forward a project that is so crucial for the future of the company and the fight against climate change."
Once completed, the new Viessmann site will significantly contribute to supplying heat pumps to the markets in Central and Eastern Europe As a result the company will not only contribute to the success of the energy transition, but also to independence from fossil fuels, especially Russian gas imports. Special attention has also been paid to efficiency and sustainability of the new production plant.
Viessmann has been manufacturing system components and products in Legnica for over 20 years, especially heat pumps that are so important for achieving global energy and climate policy goals. The good experience that has been gained there over two decades was the reason for deciding to expand and partially rebuild the existing premises when looking for a location for the new logistics center.
The foundation stone for a site of the Viessmann Refrigeration Solutions business area was already laid in the immediate vicinity in June. The local proximity of the company's two largest and most important business areas, Climate Solutions and Refrigeration Solutions, will not only allow major investment synergies to be exploited, but will also facilitate the introduction of standards.
Viessmann is the leading provider of climate solutions for all living spaces. The ‘Integrated Viessmann Solutions Offering’ enables users to connect products and systems seamlessly via digital platforms and services for climate (heating, cooling, air quality) and refrigeration solutions. All solutions are based on renewable energy and maximum efficiency. All activities of the family company, founded in 1917, are based on its purpose. “We create living spaces for generations to come” – that is the responsibility of the global Viessmann family with 13,000 members.
Vice President Corporate Communications